From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Who is Celt ?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:30:40 +0000 (GMT)

I really don't like these maps with balloons ; much of the information is lost.
About the TMRCA calculations (that I had seen before) a few reamrks :
the differences are within the incertitude ; what is remarkable is how close are all these TMRCA .
One question : are these calculated on ALL L21+ (including M222+ etc..) or on L21* ? As discussed on another thread , it can make a big difference.

I have another question regarding TMRCA : in the case of a group like L21+ where a known subgroup (namely M222+) is making a big part of the data in British isles but NOT in continental samples , can it influence the TMRCA result ?

Mike, I really don't think that the question of the origin of L21 is set. Rather it's one of the pending and puzzling issues around. May be some data that I don't know can change this view ?

Mike wrote :

> As you can see, Northern France and the Rhine Valley have a
> lot of L21* folks, too.
> Perhaps Anatole Klyosov will add his comments, but here are
> his TMRCA
> calculations based on R-L21 project data:
> 4200±530 France
> 4100±530 Germany
> 4100±530 Scotland
> 3850±425 England