From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:26:51 -0500

> From: Vincent Vizachero <>
> That's true only if the trees you can draw are accurate.

My comment:

:-)))

This is the most general and elusive statement one could possibly make in
ANY field of science, engineering, and common life.

>Based on the small number of STRs available to us today, such trees are not
>at all
> accurate within R1b1b2...

Not true. Are 464 of 67-marker haplotypes for R-P312 a small number for you?
Are 708 of 67-marker haplotypes for U106 a small number for you?

> I maintain that STR-based phylogenies CAN be useful and accurate, but
> they are not always
> thus. R-P312 is one place where they are not.

The first sentence is generally true, the second is not true.

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: