From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:33:27 -0800 (PST)

Let me clarify.

It is the number of STRs (or, if you will, the summed mutation rate of such
STRs) that is too small.

In other words, accurate phylogenies of R-L11 and subclades cannot be drawn
using only 67 or 100 STRs. I am fully aware that this fact does not prevent
some people (including you) from producing such trees, but they are still
worthless regardless of the amount of effort put into them.

VV