From: Orin Wells <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] How old is Y-Chromosome Adam?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:14:44 -0800

True.

The authors did not arrive at any definitive conclusions. Rather they
presented what was found and offered three possible theories. The media
chose the one that would sell more papers.

Basically, a definitive conclusion was not currently possible and must
await further discoveries.

But I find it quite interesting. DNA would be nice but likely pretty
difficult. However, a recent (repeated) show on dinosaurs has shown
that DNA can survive for millions of years in the right conditions.
Let's hope some hapless prehistoric humans died under the "right"
circumstances and will eventually be discovered. I keep hoping for some
to be thawed out of the Arctic tundra.

On 12/30/2010 9:18 AM, Dienekes Pontikos wrote:
> The Qesem cave finds' significance has been inflated by the media
>
> http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2010/12/400-200ka-dental-remains-from-qesem.html
> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/12/beware-of-british-newspapers-fossils-edition/
> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2010/12/29/oldest-homo-sapiens-fossil-journalistic-vaporware/

This thread: