From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Recommendations for DNA testing
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:02:01 -0500

I generally advise people to order at least the 37 marker kit, but
also tend to believe that 12 markers are usually better than none.

Also, not everyone knows that it is still possible to order the 25
marker kit from FTDNA through surname and geographic projects at a
price almost exactly intermediate between the 12 and 37 marker prices.

E.g. http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Italy

The 37 marker test is still the better value, but 25 markers is WAY
better than just 12 in most cases.

VV

On Jan 3, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Debbie Kennett wrote:

> If a 37-marker test is bought in a sale there's very little
> differential
> between the cost of a 12-marker test and a 37-marker test

This thread: