From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: [DNA] testing 17 markers
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 13:10:41 -0500

OK, I said there were a few. However...

While testing 17 markers can tell you if you don't match, if you don't, and you
need to unravel an NPE, 17 markers will not do it. So, by testing at
FamilyBuilder, you are setting yourself up for being re-tested somewhere else,
which means you've thrown away what you spent on the 17-marker test.

Testing on the cheap is almost always a mistake in the long run. (You may quote
me.) Or, as my grandmother would say, "Penny wise, pound foolish."

Diana

<>wrote:
> > There are very few situations where 17 markers are enough.

This thread: