From: vernade didier <>
Subject: [DNA] Re : How old is Y-Chromosome Adam?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:31:57 +0000 (GMT)

Yes , Sasson, that's the point. However I think that the relative silence around this extraordinary finding is that structural differences may yet to be found among human Y chromosomes. The tree might be to be constructed on structural aspects.
It took 5 years from the first draft of the complete sequence to this paper with a structural analysis. I wonder how long it can take to compare on the same basis the main haplogroups (A, B , C etc...) from known full genomic sequencing.

By the way, I am looking for the full text of this article...

Didier

Sasson wrote :

>    humans and chimpanzees, *"comparable to
> the difference ... in