From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 4 percent Neanderthal?
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:03:36 -0700

Several people have responded to my original post "4 percent ....." but none
offered their interpretation of what the investigators meant --- which was
my original question: did they mean

A. Most all non-Africans have about 4 percent of their genetic material
handed down to them from neanderthals?, or

B. genetic material handed down from neanderthals is showing up in about 4
percent of non-Africans?

Anybody feel they know what the investigators meant?