From: "Brian P. Swann" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ancient Britons,Wales and Europe - New Research in Genetics,Archaeology and Linguistics
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 07:47:45 +0100

Dear Don

By me networking to them. I tend to find networking works well.

However - what I will do practically is phone up the Organiser - and ask if
I can give 5 Powerpoint slides in the 45 minute slot at the end. It depends
if the Speakers mention Advenae in Wales, and we have the distant DNA
connection to Craig Venter to throw into the melting pot. That will at
least get their attention.

As long as I can get their business cards or addresses, that is all you
need.

Of course I will report back what they say. At least two of them live in
Oxford, but getting to Sir Walter Bodmer will never be easy (but worth the
effort).

I'm not sure if there is any forum right now in the UK which links these 3
fields together properly. I do have an email from Bruce Winney, who
organises the Face of Britain project - where he outlines the Chip
technology they are using.

The main problem I face is that this is the first day of a pre-booked
holiday in North Wales, and my wife has no desire to sit through another day
of all this stuff - even though it is in Wales. She has set her heart in
going up Snowdon, and this is a great, big distraction and waste of time and
money.

As long as she eventually sees it my way, it will be fine!

Brian