From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: [DNA] Surprisng Y-STR result.
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 21:00:04 +0100

I'd appreciate some advice on the following

We have persons A, B, C, D and E.

A and B are thought to be closely related.
On a particular day, B's results comes out looking like C instead of looking
like A.
A, however, is notified (on the same) day of a match with D.
D shows more than a passing resemblance to C.
C and D have relatively unusual haplotypes.

Of course the first thought is one or more NPE's. However, the thought also
occurs that there may have been a mix-up between the results of B and D. I'm
sure mix-ups are very rare, but is there a way of checking the surnames of
the people who were in a particular batch? The results arrived on Wednesday
25 May.

FTDNA seem too busy to respond to queries at the moment.

Help!

Sandy

This thread: