From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Surprisng Y-STR result.
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 23:24:35 -0400

Sandy wrote:
> Of course the first thought is one or more NPE's. However, the thought also
> occurs that there may have been a mix-up between the results of B and D. I'm
> sure mix-ups are very rare, but is there a way of checking the surnames of
> the people who were in a particular batch? The results arrived on Wednesday
> 25 May.
>
> FTDNA seem too busy to respond to queries at the moment.

The only way to get a definitive answer is from FTDNA. It is
certainly possible that they swapped the results. However, bear in
mind that each panel is handled independently, so that the only
plausible way to get a complete swap of a test of more than the
minimum 12 markers is to switch the DNA samples altogether. Getting
the swapped results on the same day, therefore, would be a mere
coincidence.

John Chandler

This thread: