From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Surprisng Y-STR result.
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:39:36 -0400

I currently have a case where the results of the MP9 set in Panel 5
don't appear that they can have come from the person being tested.
See #122322 on this page:
http://dgmweb.net/DNA/Straub/StraubDNA-results-HgI1-AS5.html#data

I've contacted FTDNA, and -- reasonably -- they aren't going to look
into the situation until after all the results have returned.

Thankfully, I have a lot of people in this family tested to a lot of
markers, so the error -- which surely it is -- stood out like a sore
thumb. It wouldn't be obvious, at all, if he were the only one
testing Panel 5. My guess is that this is not a failure of the
testing, but a mix-up of samples (i.e., kit numbers).

Diana

This thread: