Subject: Re: [DNA] What DNA surname project should be
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:55:06 +0000

I will be interested in Diana's response to your questions, but let me add a thought.

It seems to me that a number of surname projects are looking so much at the DNA data that they are ignoring the basic genealogical research that has already been done, or needs to be done. The ideal surname project, it seems to me, builds off of good genealogy to start with. Then, the DNA can begin to fill in some of the gaps.

Tom Crago

PS - You can check out the Crago surname project at FTDNA to see what we have done. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.