From: "Belinda Dettmann" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b-P312-L617 subclade
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:18:50 +1000

Hi John

I've just read your most interesting message to the DNA list about your L617
subclade. This sounds exciting, and I would be delighted if you could join
the Northumberland project, as you suggested earlier. It might be
appropriate for your various L617+ matches to join there too, so we can have
an example of the values of WTY and subclade SNP testing. You would all be
welcome.

You may not be aware that there is a similar hunt going on to find a SNP to
define the Royal Stewart subclade, which is presently categorized as
belonging to R-L21 with STR values GATAH4=10, 406S1=11, 565=11. We have a
member of the Royal Stewart group undergoing WTY testing at present, in the
hope of finding a SNP in addition to the defining STR values. I say we, as
I'm also Co-Admin of the Stewart DNA group, and I'm fascinated by the Y-DNA
genetics of the various Scottish surnames.

Congratulations on your success with L617.

Regards

Belinda