Subject: Re: [DNA] exact match at 67
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:36:56 +0000 (UTC)

Aggi-Rose wrote:

Re surnames, the 1757 fellow is documented as Reading, the others are
Redden and Redding, so all are variants of the same surname. I'm not
sure how many generations back they have to go back to get to 1757;
people are often surprised to learn my grandfather was born in 1865,
yet I am only 52. Another case where probabilities and reality don't
always jive ;-)

Cheers,
AR

Aggi-Rose, I hope you win the lottery or already have autosomal DNA test results, because having a grandfather born in 1865 would make autosomal DNA test results for you extremely interesting. You would probably have close matches with some relatives of your grandfather, even though they probably have more generations in their lines back to their common ancestor than you do.

Kirsten

This thread: