From: Paul Wright <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] time=$
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:04:34 -0500

You can add photo processing to the list of services with tiered pricing
based on speed of processing, although differences in time and pricing
aren't nearly what they were when we had film to develop.

But, aren't allot of the delays with both FTDNA and 23andMe tied to batch
processing and having enough orders to fill a batch and enough labor
resources to process the batch? If so, then only time the a rush processing
would have much effect would be when either company were receiving enough
orders to keep the batches filling up relatively quickly (and backlog of
incoming orders you could jump ahead of) and warrant keeping staffing at
high level to process. Since both seem to have small level of ongoing
orders coming in and peaks tied to various sales, this wouldn't appear to be
the "norm".