From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA sequences from the '1000Genome Project'
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 14:37:44 -0700

I'm not aware of anyone working to extract the mtDNA data, although there
are several groups on DNA-Forums looking at the Y data. However, I wonder if
it's worth the overhead of learning how to do it, as I've been discouraged
by the poor quality of GenBank submissions based on next-generation
sequencing.

Ann Turner

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Ian Logan <>wrote:

> List
>
> I haven't seen this source of material before - but it appears it is
> possible
> to get the mtDNA sequences out of the 1094 genomes in the '1000 Genome
> project'.
>
> Is anybody doing this ?

This thread: