From: Lplantagenet <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Pushing Toward TMRCA
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:38:19 -0400 (EDT)

Suppose a haplotype population is divided into two parts.....

My question concerns the value of markers which split a population into two parts. In AS7E, for example, both 456 and 458 split my database into two roughly-equal parts. While only a few members of each AS7E family have been tested, with the exception of Childers, in each case, except Childers, men of the same surname match each other on both markers. What, if anything, can be inferred about the early genealogical relationships within AS7E created by the 456 and 458 splits? Or is the apparent consistency within families more likely to be the result of inadequate sampling?

Lindsey

This thread: