From: "Kenneth Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA] L801 in M223+
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 11:40:50 -0600

Before we develop another fiasco like the Z77 one in the M223+ sector of the I tree, I think testing concentration should be on the new L801 snp.

Because the recent Roots M223+ was found L800+, the evidence now suggests L800 will be so far up stream as to be phyloequivalent to M223+
That does not mean no testing on L800 for one or two in M284+, etc., but large scale testing is probably not worthwhile for this snp.

V218 has even been reported derived in I1, so chances are it is universal to all haplogroup I and phyloequivalent to M170.

L801 on the other hand looks like it is confined to just part of M223+ Continental and needs testing in this clade to see how confined or otherwise it is.
In fact, finding out if L801 is private-like or not is the main goal right now in my judgment. This means encouraging test for some haplotypes as close as possible to the WTY customer who found L801 as possible.

Ken

This thread: