From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Correct TMRCA analysis
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:47:47 -0500

> From: Gary Felix <>
>> Anatole Klyosov:
>>The answer: easy. A population bottleneck, or however we call it. Happened
>>tons and tons of times.
> The reasoning must be clarified. The idea that V13 would come down to one
> individual that lived 2300 to 2500 years ago is extremely unlikely barring
> positive selection along with extreme circumstances.

My response:

:-)))

The reasoning is always nice to clarify. I would greatly appreciate if you
or someone would clarify the reasoning of origin of life on Earth. Or
reasoning why we see the TMRCA for I1 ~ 3,400 ybp all across Europe, while
it must be "older".

By the way, if tomorrow an excavated bone of 8,000 ybp shows I1, what would
say you? That "the reasoning must be clarified. The idea that I1 would come
down to one individual that lived 3,400 to 3,600 years ago is extremely
unlikely barring positive selection along with extreme circumstances"?

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: