From: Wilcox Lisa <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] No matching segments
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:08:51 -0800

Sonia, that's a lovely story. Thank you!

The next time I'm back in the old stompin' grounds, I plan to visit my grandmother's resting place. I'm going to tell her that we used DNA testing to confirm one of her "educated guesses." Her own genealogical research --conducted entirely without benefit of computer-- was remarkably accurate.

Thanks in part to her great work, and to the collaboration of several hitherto-unknown 5th and 6th cousins, DNA testing confirmed an extremely sketchy paper trail, and restored several hundred descendant to the bosom of their family.

Lisa

This thread: