From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Napoleon the first
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:49:48 +0000 (GMT)

Yes, More precisely M34+ . It just happens that a new SNP (actually 2 similar SNPs) were found to unify the D2 cluster and the D1 cluster ; L791 and L792 . So, all these haplotypes are supposed to be L791+ and that would target rather nicely.
Now the question is : what about this D2 cluster ?
Since the beginning of this search and through different forums I gathered some interesting thoughts. One is about a familial tradition of the Bonaparte family (I am translating from a post in french) : the original name would have been Kaloméridès (greek) later translated in Italian as "buona parte"  and  Buonaparte , made in french as Bonaparte. The origin would be the Trébizonde empire on the black sea ; a remnant of the greek position in Anatolia. These people would have left Anatolia when the Ottoman came in. My idea about the whole story is that M34+  is correlated with the city of Jericho on the dead sea. After the fall of this city some people were assimilated as greeks (possibly merchants) adn later went as greeks in the rest of the roman empire.
Didier
Argiedude wrote :
It's a member of a well known cluster of E1b1b-M123:

http://www.haplozone.net/e3b/project/cluster/32

I did some estimates of this cluster. In north Italy it's about 2 to 4 samples out of 1500 total samples, or 0.2%. In south Italy it's 5 or 6 samples out of 550 total samples, or 1%.