From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Out of Africa
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:19:20 -0500

Dear Larry,

You wrote:
> Of course, we must remember that Dienekes himself represents simply one more
> opinion, with his own hypotheses, biases, etc. His comments reveal his own
> "unusual" hypothesis:
>> I see no reason to assume that mtDNA Eve, or her many daughters were
>> anatomically modern humans.
> And in response to a more specific question as to whether Khoisan and Pygmy mtDNA may descend from an archaic species, Dienekes writes:

>> Not only the Khoisan and Pygmies, and yes.
>> I believe that much of Africa was dominated by archaic Africans into the Upper Paleolithic.

(I've cut up the quotes to avoid confusion about who said them.)

Thank you for this important information. There are a number of people
running around developing and promoting theories of this kind, which
they don't discuss in our forum or others in the mainstream of genetic
genealogy. I won't say more at this time, but with our research in
haplogroup A, we hope to contribute to a more accurate scientific
understanding of the common African descent of all peoples.

I've just found a book that provides some significant historical context
and perspective: Darwin's Sacred Cause. He was combatting some quite
virulent ideology about human origins in his day.

This thread: