From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Out of Africa
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:14:36 -0500

> From: Bonnie Schrack <>
> There are a number of people
> running around developing and promoting theories of this kind, which
> they don't discuss in our forum or others in the mainstream of genetic
> genealogy. I won't say more at this time, but with our research in
> haplogroup A, we hope to contribute to a more accurate scientific
> understanding of the common African descent of all peoples.

Dear Bonnie,

I have read your comment with some amusement. Apparently, some people
believe that true science includes only people who walk straight ahead (not
"running around") and do it exclusively within "the mainstream".

O.K., no problem. Probably I live in a different world when criteria of
science are drastically different from those explained above.

By the way, is it that mainstream which operates with "population mutation
rate" by Zhivotovsky, and continues to publish results based on it in
academic journals in 2010, 2011, 2012? Is it that mainstream which still
believes that bearers of haplogroup R1b lived in Europe some 30,000 years
ago? Or at least 10,000 years ago?

Back to haplogroup A. It would be very useful and educational if you kindly
answer the following questions, which I numbered for your convenience:

1) Do you define haplogroup A (according to the ISOGG-2012, for instance) as
having SNPs M91 and P97 and the principal SNPs?

2) Then, do you believe that other haplogroups descended from haplogroup A?
Or maybe from haplogroup B?

3) If not, not from haplogroup A and not from haplogroup B, but, say, from
haplogroup BT, then where the haplogroup BT might have appeared? In Africa?
>From which haplogroup, if not from A? And when, what do you think?

Thank you. I would appreciate to learn from your insight.

Best regards,

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: