From: "Janet Crain" <>
Subject: [DNA] My Heritage
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:47:58 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Thanks, John. I'm not sure about this as I have different wording on my
private domain hosted websites, but I am wuilling to try anything. I just
found out they have taken over my Lewis DNA Project with 498 members. I am
changing my projects to require authorization.

Janet

Janet wrote:
> What is going on with MyHeritage? They have copied and published my
> copyrighted (2002 to present) text word for word from my Stinnett DNA
> Project.

Actually, I think they copied instead the paragraphs you contributed
To FTDNA as the description of your project on the FTDNA launch pad.
They have the characteristic extra line break after the word "which"
Found in the latter. You might try the experiment of changing your
Text on the FTDNA site (e.g., by taking out that line break) to see
Whether the change propagates to MyHeritage and, if so, how quickly.
Since MyHeritage includes a member count for the project, they might
Have a fairly frequent update.

By the way, it seems that they have copied the launch-pad text for
Projects that are open, but not for projects that require permission
>From the admins.

John Chandler

My surnames: Allen, Austin, Baldwin, Brantley, Bressie, Bracey, Caudill, Chaudoin/Shadden, Davenport, Eyrich, Falkner, Fender, , Finter, , Gambill, , Happas/Hoppers, , Harralson, , Harris, , Hart, , Hays, Hill, Holloway, Holmes, Hoppers, Hoppes, Jackson, Kern, Landreth, Leach, , Lewis, Long, Marshall, Mattox, McCoy, Nall, Penn, Pruitt, Sanders, Sizemore, Stamper, Stinnett, Thompson, Vickers, Waggoner, Wagoner, Wells, White, Wiggs, Wilks, Young

-----
No virus found in this message.