From: Gregg Bonner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] My Heritage
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:44:36 -0800 (PST)

I appreciate the notion of "the more the merrier". And personally, I don't really care if they "steal" my background page information, etc. But it is hard to imagine that this is beneficial for testing, since you have to sign up for their site to order a kit.

How can adding another barrier to participation be good for recruiting purposes?

I'd like to hear what FTDNA has to say about this "partnership".

I've been seeing them in results to my queries for a while now, and each time it is just another site's information, with their "wrapper" on it. I remember in the past...companies would charge fees for this "service". Then they would be found out to just be giving information that was found free elsewhere online. Then they would close shop and reopen with the exact same m.o. under another name.

This looks to me like more of the same.

It will become a pressing issue for me when I google Bonner Surname DNA Project, and MyHeritage is listed above my own website.

Gregg