From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA matching of cousins
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:08:31 -0800

Dear Paul,
Could you explain to me where you got the 7750 cM figure for Family
Finder? My personal results when looking at comparisons between my parents
and me and my wife's parents and my wife indicates that the sum of the
autosomal DNA in cMs as per FF is approximately 6761 cMs (averaging these 4
comparisons from the FF chromosome browser (6764.56, 6762.6, 6757.4, and
6759). I would suggest that Mary Alice use 6761 rather than 7750 for her
calculations. Per my calculations the sum of the autosomal DNA in 23andMe
is 7098 cMs.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen