From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: [DNA] JoGG announces a new editor: Dr. Turi King
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:26:32 -0700

The editorial board of the Journal of Genetic Genealogy (JoGG) is very
pleased to announce that Dr. Turi King has accepted the position of editor.

Dr. King's PhD thesis topic was *The relationship between British surnames
and Y-chromosomal haplotypes* and she is also co-author (with George
Redmonds and David Hey) of the book *Surnames, DNA and Family
History*<http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199582648.do>;.
Dr. King is currently a Research Associate in the Department of Genetics at
the University of Leicester, where she is the manager for an
interdisciplinary project The Impact of Diasporas in the Making of
Britain<http://www2.le.ac.uk/projects/impact-of-diasporas/the-research-group/research-associates/turi-king>;.
The scope of that project makes her familiar with many aspects of genetic
genealogy. More details about her background and interests can be found at
http://www.le.ac.uk/users/tek2/tek2.html

Dr. King will assume her duties in the fall. In the meantime, prospective
authors may send manuscripts to me so they will be in
the pipeline when she begins the process of sending articles out for peer
review. The current guidelines are in Instructions for
Authors<http://www.jogg.info/authors.htm>;,
although Dr. King is at liberty to revise these. Our goal is to make JoGG a
respected and even a favored destination for authors and readers alike.

Ann Turner

This thread: