From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] JoGG announces a new editor: Dr. Turi King
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 00:23:35 -0700

The following contains some updated material and links:

=====

The editorial board of the Journal of Genetic Genealogy
(JoGG)<http://jogg.info>is very pleased to announce that Dr. Turi King
has accepted the position of
editor.

Dr. King's PhD thesis topic was *The relationship between British surnames
and Y-chromosomal haplotypes *and she is also co-author (with George
Redmonds and David Hey) of the book *Surnames, DNA and Family
History*<http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199582648.do>;.
Dr. King is currently a Research Fellow in the Department of Genetics and
the School of Historical Studies at the University of Leicester, where she
is the project manager for an interdisciplinary project The Impact of
Diasporas on the Making of
Britain<http://www2.le.ac.uk/projects/impact-of-diasporas/the-research-group/research-associates/turi-king>;.
Turi has worked on the Y chromosome since 1996 and has concentrated on
surnames, the Y chromosome and genetic genealogy (among other studies) for
over ten years. More details about her background and interests can be
found at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/genetics/people/king/turi.

Dr. King will assume her duties in the fall. In the meantime, prospective
authors may send manuscripts to me so they will be in
the pipeline when she begins the process of sending articles out for peer
review. The current guidelines can be found at
http://www.jogg.info/authors.htm , although Dr. King is at liberty to
revise these. Our goal is to make JoGG a respected and even a
favored destination for authors and readers alike.

This thread: