From: Nelda Percival <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] atDNA testing
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 18:21:15 -0500

Wayne,
I feel people have not researched their GENETIC lineages well enough.. They, in my opinion research the normal genealogy file..maybe showing sibligs at each generation... but are not following through...

I use the Hurst lineage That I have as an example the parental couple Thomas Hurstb. estimated - 1705 lived in Stanford VA. wife Mary maiden name unknown... this couple has over 2000 known descendants. I share genetics with all 2000 of them , but my name varations changed from Hurst, Breeding, Cupp and Gilpin my maiden name. whither or not the gene segment would be large enough to be measurable is unknown... but I still share genetics with them.. not knowing the siblings and descendants at each generation stops most people from being able to find that atDNA cousin match... (the probability of figuring out which of the two that atDNA match came from is highly unlikely under normal circumstances..

Nelda

Today well lived - makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
My Genealogy: http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/index.htm
GeneticGenealogy: http://www.geneticsand.us Gilpin Worldwide Project: http://www.gilpingenetics.us
http://www.aircastles-internet-marketing.biz/