From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA Tribes Digest--latest issue is intriguing
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 23:59:23 -0800

Dear Paul,
Thanks for looking into this further. It is interesting that your
father has over 2.5% more North European Mesolithic DNA per this test than
your mother does. Data from other people in western Ireland would also be
of interest. It would be interesting to know if there are other populations
in Europe that consistently have over 6% of their DNA as being North
European Mesolithic in origin. I suspect that northern Finns have a fair
bit of North European Mesolithic DNA. It is also interesting to note that
your dad has slightly more Atlantic Mediterranean Neolithic ancestry than
your mom does and slightly less West Asian ancestry than she does. This
would be consistent with the fact that Ireland has more DNA that was
originally Iberian in origin than does England or northern Continental
Europe. Your dad's Mesoamerican and South American Amerindian components
are also likely to be Mesolithic in origin.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen