From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] AncestryDNA updates
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 06:20:59 -0700

Yes, chromosome 24 is the Y. I have fewer SNPs with calls, though, just 14.
These are presumably places where the probe picks up a short sequence
located somewhere else in the genome. 23andMe probably does some
post-processing to give no-calls. I wonder if I got no-calls (coded as
zero) for more of your Y SNPs at Ancestry. Here's my list:

rs13305349
rs34559651
rs9792834
rs9785810
rs9786025
rs9786216
rs28639779
rs9785959
rs7067448
rs13305667
rs11799187
rs13447346
rs17250535
rs1276033

Chromosome 25 is for XY SNPs, where the SNP is also found on the
pseudo-autosomal regions (PAR) at the tips of the Y. 23andMe groups those
with the X.

Ann Turner