From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: [DNA] Source of DNA segments
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 06:00:09 -0700

In another thread about AncestryDNA, I mentioned the difficulty in locating
cousins who confirm matching segments. The stats came out of a little
experiment I did.

Many of you are trying to map the source of your own DNA to different
ancestors. I've been playing around with the opposite direction, mapping
the genome of an ancestral couple using segments confirmed by multiple
lines of descent. This is analogous to establishing the Y-DNA signature of
an ancestor by testing descendants from two or more sons.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wpDkkP5x0oT2UtZ252eG14TVE/edit?usp=sharing

Ann Turner

This thread: