GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-05 > 0894845448

From: John Porter< >
Subject: Re: Griffith's Valuation Online for selected parishes Mayo
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 00:10:48 GMT

I was interested in your MaY 9 message. It seems t hat there are
numerous private efforts to put more data on line . I have done some
of Annagh Parish, Co Mayo for my own use using Accesss. So far I have
restricted the data to the surnames of interest to me. It could be
expanded. I was able to do this for Griffith and the later Valuation
lists. I found that there is another effort for Griffiths in Leitrim
and Roscommon . They are using Excel. Unfortuntely I became ill since
I spoke to them but we discussed either helping them complete their
project or using their input template for Mayo data which would go on
their server. What software you used for your database?

It has surprised me to see what people expect from the CD on
Griffiths. There is very little there. Hopefully this kind of movement
to make it all available would be the answer. I immediately think of
the problem of our all using the same input . In otherwords how do we
prevent chaos. I am hopeful
I wished your parish wass a little closer then it might be of value
to me.

Searching: Curran, Grogan, Donlan/Donnellan, Morley, Mongan, Tully

John