GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0899333343

From: "Sylvia See" <>
Subject: SEE John, Albert/COLTER Rebecca;MO,USA;m. 1875-1921
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 16:49:03 -0600

Hi all, Hoping someone out there may be able to help us with these two
surnames. We are tracking the family roots of John Albert See who married
Rebecca Colter in ? USA. We are just beginning this search, and have
tracked many See lines in Canada and USA. We have run into no lines yet that
claim Irish heritage, and my husbands family insist they are from Ireland.
Both the See's and Colter's are claiming Irish roots. I am hoping that
someone may be able to help us determine if See is a surname that may be
found in Ireland. I managed to find one individual a Nevin See, who
immigrated to USA in 1811 from Bayberry Ireland, left from Belfast, arrived
New York. However, to date I can't find him anywhere in USA census records
that have been made available to me yet. Also have found 3 individuals
claiming birthplace as Ireland in Ontario Canada. Fanny See born about
1790, Edward See born about 1776, and Garnet See born about 1790. They show
up in an Ontario Census list. Hoping that someone may have information on
any of these folks. Maybe missing a brother John Albert.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Sylvia See Claresholm Alberta Canada

This thread: