GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0899485746

From: <>
Subject: Re: CULHANE/SHAUGHNESSY
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 13:09:06 -0400

muiterb wrote:

> I have come to a dead end on my family tree and am looking for information
> on John Thomas Culhane born 1812. Married Ellen Shaughnessy (1828-1907).
> They migrated from Ireland to Canada and then died in Ludington Michigan.
> His 6 children were:
> John 1854-1918
> Mary 1857-1932
> James 1859-1918
> Eliza 1861-1936\
> Nellie ?-1927
> Michael 1867-1927
> Any info on this family line would be greatly appreciated. thank you
> Lisa Culhane
> email

Lisa,

My ancestor Michael O'Shaughnessy was already in Quebec, Canada (at that
time, Lower Canada) in 1831. As far as I understand (from a cousin,
who's really more in research than I am), they established first near
Quebec City. Now, I wonder if this Ellen could be his daughter or a
niece? Possible... You probably already know that, but you should
broaden your search to the O'Shaughnessy's as well, since they were
sometimes listed under both names in different registers.

Do you know where they established in Canada, when they got married,
etc.?

On my side, I will consult my cousin and ask her if she has more
details.

Georges O'Shaughnessy

This thread: