GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0899562180

From: < >
Subject: Re: 1852 ship from Ireland to NY
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 14:23:00 GMT

MoparDeke () wrote:
: >Passenger lists for the major port of arrival, New York, are
: >unfortunately not indexed between 1847 and 1892 except for the
: >privately published "Famine Immigrants" series, ed by Ira Glazier
: >et al, which covers 1847 through 1851.

: Any more information on where to find this info? My g-g-grandparents were
: married in St Patrick's (old) Church on Mulberry Street in NY in 1855 and I
: assumed they came over during the Famine.

"The Famine Immigrants: Lists of Irish Immigrants Arriving at the Port of
New York, 1846-1851" edited by Ira A. Glazier and Michael Tepper,
published 1983 by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore,
Maryland. (";)

Genealogy and History Division of the New York Public Library
New York State Archives Naturalization and Immigration Records
Vital Records for New York state
New York City, Department of Health,
Bureau of Vital Records
Historical Exhibit on the Irish in New York
at the Museum of the City of New York

These, and other useful links, can be reached from the TIARA web site.

Dennis Ahern | The Irish Ancestral Research Association
Acton, Massachusetts | Dept. W, P.O. Box 619, Sudbury, MA 01776

This thread: