GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0899567551

From: "Scott Collins" <>
Subject: Collins Web Site Update (Lot's O' Irish!)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 11:52:31 -0400

Collins Roots Web Updated: http://www.infinet.com/~collins

Thanks to Pam Hamberg Collins, this site has received a major "upgrade."
Most importantly, James was displaced as the oldest known ancestor by his
father Martin, and James' 2 siblings and their descendants were also added.
Other than that, the "Unknowns" are no longer unknown, and 33 Collins
persons were added to the previous 28. The family tree is turning into a
forest! Thanks Pam!

Pam also sent me a narrative history of many of the earlier Collins folk.
This text is way too much for browsing online, so you can download the
letter (in popular file formats) from the site. Easy instructions to extract
the files are included, and is basically automated.

This web site documents the genealogy of the Collins family starting with a
Martin Collins, who probably lived in Claregalway, County Galway, Ireland
(based on records showing Walter and Martin Collins renting farm land. Names
Walter and Martin have been used by descendants. Martin's widow, Jane
arrived in America ~1858 at age 58 with one of the 3 children (Hannah) she
had with Martin and settled in Belpre, Ohio or Little Hocking, Ohio. A
majority of the Collinses located on this site were/are based in West
Virginia and Ohio (Cincinnati and Columbus) and perhaps Pittsburgh, PA.

Other surnames appearing on this site are:

Berger Bonekamp Brennan
Callos Daley DeWitt
Farley Gallagher Haley
Hamberg Maley McNerney
Newland O'Brien O'Grady
Rainey Rex Sharrock
Shea Shields Sullivan
Tonneman Weiss Whelan

Let me know what you think, or if I screwed anything up.

Scott

This thread: