GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0899753718

From: Harvey1963< >
Subject: GALLACHER. Elizabeth, Glasgow 1913
Date: 06 Jul 1998 19:35:18 GMT

I am trying to trace information on my great grandmother Elizabeth Gallacher or
Gallagher, who was born 'in Ireland' at the end of the nineteenth century and
lived in Glasgow from around 1910.

I have very little information about her as my grandmother was fostered as a
baby and never had the oportunity to make contact with her mother. We have
been told, however, that Lizzie Gallacher had two brothers, at least one of
whom was a priest.

If anyone has a Catholic Directory for the period, perhaps they could check for
priests named Gallacher. I know that this is a bit like asking if there are
any people called Jones in Wales, but any help at all would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Ken Harvey
Researching:
HARVEY / HARVIE (IRE>SCT c.1850)
COWAN (DFS)
BLACK (ARG>LAK)
PREECE (Wales)
POVEY (Wales)

MCBRAYER MCBRIAR MCBRIER MCBRYER (SCT>IRE c. C17th; IRE>USA c.C17th; IRE>SCT
c. C19th)

This thread: