GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0899929578

From: JLedden49< >
Subject: Re: O'Neil
Date: 8 Jul 1998 20:26:18 GMT

<< I am researching my husbands O'Neil family branch.
The farthest we can go back is to a JOHN O'NEIL AND MARY who came to the US abt
1839 and ended up in Boston, Massachusetts. I have John born about 1820 and
Mary born abt 1815.
We have no idea where in Ireland they came from....any ideas on how to
trace them? >>

Since there is an index to 19th century naturalizations in all courts in
Massachusetts, I suggest that you look for a naturalization record. The
naturalization records in the Boston area often give a county name in Ireland.

This thread: