GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0900023797

From: RAYMOND COLLINS< >
Subject: Re: Recent Abusive Postings and Replies
Date: 9 Jul 1998 22:36:37 GMT

In a previous article, (Harvey1963) says:

I send my heartiest thanks to this listowner and to all listowners of the
different genealogy forums that I use. They perform a thankless task that
has helped many people all over the world to discover their roots. This
list has been of immeasurable help to me.
>Well, I've had enough.
>
>The recent rubbish that has been spoiling this list has made it necessary for
>me to censor it before letting my family read anything.

It's not the listowners job! It is surely the responsibility of the user
to delete anything that he/she finds offensive.
>That's not my job. That is the responsability, surely, of the list owner.

Quit whining and be thankful!

Thank you listowner -- you are doing a great job.

Ray

--

This thread: