GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0900117580

From: MPit55< >
Subject: Re: locate info for McGowan roots
Date: 11 Jul 1998 00:39:40 GMT

> I have is: Peter McGowan was
>married to Bridget O'Neill between 1810-1817. Peter was a distiller in
>Belfast, county Armagh. They had a son named Dominick born in 1837 who
>emigrated to USA Brooklyn, NY.

Not really a connection but I have a McGowan family that I have reached a dead
end on too:
Terrence McGowan b. 1820's?? in Ireland (county????)
married Jane Goodwin b. in Ireland.
Terrence and Jane emigrated to Brooklyn, NYC (when??).
Had atleast one son, Charles, who was born in NY in 1849. He was said to have
had brother.
I have had no luck finding family in census, or finding birth record for
Charles.
Let me know if you come across Terrence in your research.
Mary in Charlotte, NC

This thread: