GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0900439841

From: Pat Traynor< >
Subject: RE: reg. DOHENY name
Date: 14 Jul 1998 11:10:41 -0700

(Robert Rooney) wrote......
>Would someone be kind enough to lookup the surname
>Dougheny/Dohoney/Dahoney in Matheson's Report? The name appears to be
>rare and I have not been able to locate a region in Ireland where it
>originates.
>
>TIA,
>Robert

Spelled DOHENY in Ireland. I see nothing else close to that spelling in
the phone books. The vast majority of them are in Leinster province today.
Not every name was in Matheson's list, and I don't see that one there.
I think you can see that list here;
http://www.rootsweb.com/~irish/ir-names/math-nam.htm

The only mention of the name that I could find in "Irish Pedigrees"
was 2 men of Corcoran's Irish Brigade in the US Civil war.

Patrick Traynor, in California's gold-rush country.

This thread: