GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0900638772

From: Joseph Kanaley< >
Subject: Re: CATHOLIC CHURCHES IN CO. LONGFORD
Date: 16 Jul 1998 18:26:12 -0700

Hi Lynn,
I don't have the name or address of the church you need, but I'll tell you
of my experience in getting permission to search records. My husband's
ancestors were from Co. Limerick. I got the email address for the Bishop's
office, wrote a short note, received a quick reply from them, sent by email
the info they needed (just our full name and address), and within 7 days I
received a letter of permission from the Bishop to search any and all
records in Co. Limerick. Don't hesitate to write when you get the address,
they seem to be most willing to help.

Regards,
Regan Kanaley
Martville, New York

----------
> Subject: CATHOLIC CHURCHES IN CO. LONGFORD
> Date: Thursday, July 16, 1998 1:02 PM
>
> Does anyone know the Catholic Church that would serve Ballymahon,
Co.
> Longford? Civil Parish is Shrule.
>
> I received a reply from the Heritage Center that they had no record
of
> our ancestors in Co. Longford. Today on the web, I found that the
> center only has the records for five of the churches that serve all
of
> Co. Longford. The Shrule Civil Parish is not one of them.
>
> I thought to write to the local parish and see what they suggest.
The
> Heritage Center says that if your check the church records in
Dublin's
> National Library, you must have the permission of the Parish Priest.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Lynn Eivers

This thread: