GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0900846957

From: Par500< >
Subject: Re: Griffiths Look-up - Kerry
Date: 19 Jul 1998 11:15:57 GMT

Tony,
Saw your post and thought it a coincidence (?) that my Reardon/Riordan
g-grandfather was a Robert Riordan/Reardon whose son Dennis A. Reardon b.1870's
in Charleville, Co.Cork married a Catherine McCrohan Buckley from Coomletter,
Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry. They had a son, John J. Reardon b. 1901 in Wellesley,
MA. He had a son John J. Reardon, b. 1944 who had a son John J. Reardon, b.
1968. We know that there were siblings of Dennis who did not come to America,
at least at that time. It's probably just a coincidence but one n e v e r
knows unless one asks. Always looking for that needle in the haystack. BTW in
the parish register in Charleville, the entries for this same family do vary
from Riordan to Reardon to O'Riordan.
Kind regards,
Pat Reardon

This thread: