GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0900900120

From: Brian Wickham< >
Subject: Re: "Anastasia" Duggan
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:02:00 GMT

I can't answer either question but in the Ireland death index
I have found an Anastasia HEALY, age 75, who died in 1888, and an
Anastatia DONOVAN, age 77, who died in 1879. 'Anastatia' seemed to be
popular in Cork.
There are also quite a few 'Anastasia' births listed in the
indexes for Ireland. I have found 5 Anastasia WICKHAMs born in
Wexford in 1867, 1878, 1917, 1918 and 1933.

Brian Wickham

On 19 Jul 1998 09:39:30 -0700, wrote:

>I noted the recent postings about the name of Anastasia, and wondered how that
>came to be a name for a girl in Ireland. Then, coincidentally, when I found
>my gggf John Duggan leasing a house in New Birmingham from Sir Vere de Vere
>in Griffith's Valuation, also listed was an Anastasia Duggan leasing a house
>and garden from the same person on the main street of New Birmingham. Two
>questions: (1) Does anyone know this Anastasia; and (2) How did this become a
>name for girls in Ireland during that time? Thanks. Stephen Duggan, Novato,
>California.

This thread: