GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0901164118

From: <>
Subject: Jane Ann Tisdell/Tisdale
Date: 22 Jul 1998 20:21:58 -0700

I have a Tisdall/Tisdale family that I've been searching for. The name Jane
does appear but I'm not sure if there is a connection or not.

I have:
Oliver Tisdall b. abt 1824 in Ireland emigrated to the US before 1857. Married
Caroline Edwards b. 1824 in England.
Children: Oliver Jr b. Jan 8, 1857 in NY or NJ
Elizabeth b. Aug 4, 1859
Emma b. July 8, 1861 in Newport, RI
Jane b. Nov 16, 1863 in Newport, RI d. before 1865
Charles b. July 14, 1866 in Newport, RI

I haven't seen the actual passenger list, but I've been told that there was an
Oliver Tisdale on the "Mary Ann" which left Dublin during the Spring of 1859.
I am unsure if this is the Oliver I'm looking for because "my" Oliver had a
son born in the U.S. in 1857. I also read somewhere that the "Mary Ann" left
Scotland around the same time bound for Australia.
It's too bad that the city clerk couldn't have been a bit more specific when
Oliver died. They only listed his place of birth as "Ireland".
Chris Duclos
RI, USA

This thread: