GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0901188960

From: Barney Tyrwhitt-Drake <>
Subject: Re: Co Offaly CD ErrorAnother Griffth's Valuation CD error!
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:16:00 +0100

In article <6p6ad8$d9m$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
writes

>Thanks for the alert. I hope you've notified Broderbund. Perhaps if enough
>of us do, they'll eventually get the message that this CD needs a serious
>overhaul. They've yet to respond to my complaint about mistakes in the
>entries for Co. Galway.

I doubt if Broderbund will do anything about it - they're just producing
the CD-ROMs and distributing them with that truly ghastly piece of code
masquerading as software called Family Archive Viewer. The original
transcription was made by Heritage in Ireland and the published by The
Genealogical Publishing Co. of Baltimore MD. It might make more sense to
contact Heritage or TGPC.
--
Barney Tyrwhitt-Drake

Drake Software web site: http://www.tdrake.demon.co.u