GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0901624327

From: < >
Subject: Re: Toome Co. Wexford: Where?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:12:07 GMT

E.J. Doyle () wrote:

: wrote in message ...
: >Bill Spillane () wrote:
: >: Have an ancestor Catherine Dowd born about 1830 who gave her birthplace
: as
: >: Toome Co. Wexford.
: >
: >Toom is in the Barony of Scarawalsh, Parish of Clone, Poor Law Union of
: >Enniscorthy, in County Wexford.

: No! Toome is a parish, Barony of Gorey

Ah, you are correct. I was looking for it as a townland in Wexford in the
1851 index. I had neglected to look in the back section of the book
where it is listed under parishes, as Toome with the "e", in the Baronies
of Gorey and Scarawalsh. This is the first time I realized that there was
a different index in the back. The good news is, now I know that. The
bad news is, I discovered my copy is missing the pages between Annagh and
Kilronan. It seems a 32-page signature was left out when the book was
bound.

-dja

This thread: