GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1998-07 > 0901670301

From: <>
Subject: Re: 1821 Census;Tipperary
Date: 28 Jul 1998 16:58:21 -0700

Hi,

Mike & Mary Ann Quinn wrote:

> If anyone has access to the 1821 Ireland Census, could they possibly
> look up Co. TIPPERARY, Union of CLONMEL (which happens to be the only
> one listed for Co. Tipperary), registrar's District of Marlfeld >>

Hi,

Can someone enlightem neme on the above? Did Tipperray only have one UNION?
what does that mean or refer to? What does the reference to a registrar's
District of Marfeld mean? Were there normally numerous registrars within a
Union. Boy am I confused. But then this is all new to me. Slan Leat Frank T

searching TOBIN,Kelly, Donahue, Callahan, Ryan, Flynn in southern Ireland and
NYC from 1800.

This thread: